Women EmpowermentPosted: September 2, 2014
The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act 2013
- To provide a Sexual Harassment free work environment.
- Every workplace having 10 or more employees is required to constitute an Internal Complaints Committee -ICC.
- The details of the ICC should be put on the notice board of the office.
- To conduct Workshops and Seminars to Sensitize Employees
- Check if your office has an ICC
- Complain if you face any kind of Sexual Harassment ( Mental, Verbal or Physical) to ICC
For Non Compliance the employer would be liable to be punished with a fine up to Rs. 50,000 and thereafter double penalty and cancellation of his license to conduct business.
Courtesy : Ruzan Khambatta