There are many natural cancer relief methods that have been suppressed and condemned by the mainstream establishments. One among them, which has been studied extensively recently, is the Indian spice: turmeric.
Turmeric has been shown to be very effective in cutting off blood supply to the tumour mass. Used in early stages, it might completely suppress cancer growth. Turmeric has also been shown to minimise the chemotherapy side-effects to make life easier for victims.
Turmeric also has an effect in defending the body against a variety of diseases like infection, dementia, acne and a long list of 560 other diseases. Every grandmother knows about turmeric’s effect on common cold and related viral diseases.
Click Here for the full story in Moneylife
Further reading and material – Click Here
While most us know how to avoid accidents, few know that we have Rs. 40 lakh risk cover in case of damage due to cylinder explosion!
In fact, companies have not seen a single insurance claim from Jaipur in years. Given the level of awareness, it’s not a surprise.
Customers unaware Most homemakers were completely shocked when DNA told them about the insurance cover available on LPG cylinders. “I never knew that such damages could be claimed from the gas agency,” said Varsha Singh.
Leave alone simple homemakers, even well-read professionals seem to have little clue of this “hidden benefit”. “I did not know that we get insurance in case an LPG cylinder explodes.
The staff at the gas agency never informed me,” said Amit Agarwal, a chartered accountant who recently got a gas connection.
Ignorance pays only the insurers Every month, nationalised insurance companies get lakhs of rupees as premium and this amount increases constantly with an ever rising number of ignorant consumers, each of whom are covered in part by the Oriental Insurance Company and the gas agency concerned.
“We received Rs26 lakh as monthly premium from a single gas agency in Jaipur, a city which has more than 400 gas agencies,” an agency owner said.
Click Here for the full story
Doctors are often criticized for prescribing unneeded tests and procedures that harm more than they help and add to medical costs that could otherwise be avoided. 12 medical tests and procedures now being questioned worldwide as unnecessary and potentially cause — sometimes harmful results to patients. Since a campaign was launched last year, more than 130 tests and procedures have been called into question by 25 medical specialty societies with more than 500,000 member doctors.
“Millions of Americans are increasingly realizing that when it comes to health care, more is not necessarily better,” said Dr. Christine Cassel,Â president of the ABIM Foundation . “Through these lists of tests and procedures, we hope to encourage conversations between physicians and patients about what care they truly need.”
United States specialty societies representing more than 500,000 physicians developed lists of Five Things Physicians and Patients Should Question in recognition of the importance of physician and patient conversations to improve care and eliminate unnecessary tests and procedures.
12 MEDICAL TESTS TO AVOID
1. Avoid Inducing Labor or C-Section Before 39 Weeks
2. Avoid Routine Annual Pap Tests
3. Avoid CT Scans To Evaluate Minor Head Injuries
4. Avoid Stress Tests Using Echocardiographic Images
5. Avoid Prescribing Type 2 Diabetes Medication To Achieve Tight Glycemic Control
6. Avoid EEGs (electroencephalography) on Patients With Recurrent Headaches.
7. Avoid Routinely Treating Acid Reflux
ADDITIONAL MEDICAL TESTS TO BE AVOIDED
8. Avoid Lipid Profile Tests
9. Avoid Mammograms
10. Avoid PSA Testing
11. Avoid Routine Colorectal Cancer Screening ;
12. Avoid DEXA
Click Here for a detailed explanation for each of the above
Sometimes, the managing committee of your co-operative housing society refuses to give you crucial documents or information. This happens when you have a dispute with the society. How to get those documents?
Click Here for some practical solutions / suggestions
Also remember the following :
- CONSUMER COURT IS NOT A FORUM FOR RESOLVING DISPUTES. Therefore, don’t mention personal disputes.
- YOUR CASE MUST BE ABOUT THE “BUSINESS” OF COOPERATIVE HOUSING SOCIETIES.
- SERVE NOTICE & ALLOW SUFFICIENT TIME (15 DAYS) TO CORRECT THE DEFICIENCY.
- CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT IS NOT CONCERNED WITH OTHER LAWS.
- THIS IS “ADDITIONAL REMEDY” AND NOT “ALTERNATIVE REMEDY”.
- ONLY AGGRIEVED PARTY HAS RIGHT TO FILE CONSUMER COMPLAINT.
- CASE IS AGAINST HOUSING SOCIETY, AND NOT AGAINST INDIVIDUALS.
- ALSO AS A LAST RESORT, YOU MAY FILE FIR OR PRIVATE COMPLAINT WITH MAGISTRATE
Please Study these Acts & Rules to strengthen yourself:
(i) MCS Act 1960
(ii) Model Bye-Laws of Coop Housing Societies
(iii) MCS Rules 1961
(iv) RTI Act 2005
(v) Maharashtra State RTI Rules
(With standard formats for RTI application, first Appeal & Second Appeal)
(VI) Consumer Protection Act
JEBY’S GUIDE IS CREATED BY SHRI J.B.PATEL (Jeby) – CHS ACTIVIST for free distribution.
Those aggrieved in Co-operative Housing Society matters may seek his free guidance and help.
SHRI J.B.PATEL (Jeby,) Mobile: 98205 38570. Shri Krish, Mobile: 98215 88114
Email: (email@example.com )
FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT!
Enclosed is the Newsletter from Consumer Education & Research Center, Ahmedabad.
This issue covers :
- Bill for “Free Service” ?
- Travel Agent refunds Balance
- Widow Gets Dues
- School to refund Rs. 50,000
- Food Processor – the right choice
- SEBI urged to protect investors
- GERC withdraws demand based tariff
Click Here to view the Newsletter