Latest Society Election Rules and guidelines

Election_Rules_Final 20

Election Guidelines – 29.11.2014
New Doc 11_1New Doc 10_1(1)

Circular in Marathi dated 29 November 2014

Advertisements

21 Comments on “Latest Society Election Rules and guidelines”

1. Ravindra Hinge says:

Sir, If it is possible to you can you send me election rules & process in marathi it will help me to all other members clear all dough ts. Or send me PPT for this subject, last week you send one Video but PPT will be more helpful for meeting among members. thanks, Hinge R S M-7774006406

Regards, Hinge R.S. M- 7774006406

On 8 January 2015 at 08:22, Consumer Resources wrote:

> yazdi posted: “Election_Rules_Final 20 Election Guidelines – > 29.11.2014 “

2. Milan says:

Dear Sir,

Our Co-op. Housing Society is Tyoe D ( 40 Members ) in Mumbai, registered with Govt. of Maharashtra in 1972. Is it mandatory to have Election officer from Registrar’s office or any Member of Society shall be appointed by General Body ? Any violation if election officer from Housing society is related to candidate for Managing Committee in the elections ?

Thanks.

3. mani bhushan says:

what is voter list can all the members of society be not a voter or any other rule for be a voter.

4. Atul Wani says:

In Co-operative housing society A person who is having more than 2 children before Sept. 2001 is eligible for candidate for Managing Committee in the elections?

5. gopal gandhi says:

Sir I have taken flat just before 1 year and 3 months I am eligible as a candidate in elections 17 Dec 2015 we have 91 flats society

6. prakash mhaskar says:

1)if person have four children (after 2001)can he become a committy members of housing society?
    2) newly enter member in society( not attend any AGM )can become able to stand for election?
    3)A committy member who resing and society hold by registard (D.D.R) can that member again stand for new election?
    4)three wing have one society but (some people wants)two wings peoples want wing wise society can be possible ? if yes, then whats the process?
    yours faithfully
    prakash mhaskar

7. Twinkle says:

Sir,recently in my society an election was held.8 nominations for open category were needed,1 for sc/st and obc and 2 for women.Symbols were supposed to be given to each candidate for election purpose.But out of 14 applicants,8 members who had applied for the nomination,selected 1 symbol and stated that they will be 1 group for the purpose of election and any vote cast for any member of their group shall be equal to casting vote to the entire group.Election officer agreed to it.1)Is it valid?Besides of the 8 applicants 1 was asking other applicants to withdraw and other hand was forcing some members to file nominations and it also refused to give nomination form to one of the member.2)Plz state what can be done.Besides that,1 member who contested for election in the team of 8 is having a residential flat where beauty parlour is rum by his wife commercially.3)Is it valid?Kindly help me at the earliest since I have to address these issues to the court asap.

8. Nafisa Trivedi says:

Dear Sir, Kindly advise if in a housing society there are no SC /ST member, can members in general category be taken as committee members in their place?

• yazdi says:

No. To the best of my knowledge, the seat will lie vacant if there are no SC/ST members

• Nafisa Trivedi says:

Thanks Yazdi Sir for your prompt reply.

• SAMEER MADHUKAR GHONE says:

Dear Sir,
        i) If it is possible to send me election rules & process in marathi it will help me to explain all other members droughts.
        ii) If society member his own flat end me PPT for this subject, Also send me he rules about. II if society members can elected election if his own flat given on rented basis (he is not staying in the society)

mail or Contact 7738110002

9. Nafisa Trivedi says:

Dear Yazdi Sir,

Ours is type D Society. 3/4 members had appealed the society to eliminate 3 members who were either inactive or incapacitated. Our Secretary today put a notice on the notice board that a member (whose name he mentioned) has been inducted in the committee to strengthen the Committee. Is this the right way to elect? He has not called the committee meeting for this purpose.

Thanks Sir
    Nafisa Trivedi

10. Nafisa Trivedi says:

Sir, in my previous message I m referring to the managing committee member.

11. RK says:

Seeking advice:-
    A resident member of the housing samiti submits his form to seek / stand for member of society managing committee member.
    Then well before last date of withdrawal submits an application to withdraw his name.
    Thereafter on second thoughts before the cut off time on last date, takes back his application of withdrawing his name and decides to stand for the election.
    What is the the procedural process ?

12. Meera sampat says:

Sir, can a member who has not attended any general body meeting can become managing committee member.

2) sir there are 4 to 8 partners in commercial premises and that has been give on rent for without the consent letters from other partners and can become Managing committee member.
    Please sir I will be oblige if can reply me at your earliest. Thanking you Sir Good Day

13. Rajeev Potnis says:

Dear Sir,

Where is the office of SCEA ? How can one request them to start election process ? We have 38 members in our society. Please suggest.

14. naqeeb khan says:

is it possible to become a committee member whose third child was born in year 2000

15. Gita Hukku says:

Sir,
    I wish to know of procedures followed when any major work is to be carried out in a housing society , viz procedure of floating tenders .
    My Society is insisting on issuing new additional share certificate , which they claim is mandatory according to the new byelaws , we were issued 5 shares of 50 each in 1990 , is this legal .
    Also Car Shed made has not been given approval by BMC , can I refuse payment ,I don’t own a car

16. Rohit bhosale says:

Sir actually I want to say that recently an election has been occurred in my society and I was the candidate too of school category. I opposition of me there was only 1 person of school category. After the results cam I lose . The opposition of me got a huge vote coz they were having one whole group of 15 people of only one logo . So sir I want to ask that can the opposition of me then shifted to general category . Is this a rule