An Ordinance to amend the Maharashtra Cooperative Societies Act of 1960, dated 30th October 2018 with immediate effect
Salient features of New Housing Chapter in MCS Act 1960.
1. Elections to the housing societies fir less than 200 members to be conducted internally by the society .
2. Concept of new members like Joint and provisional members introduced
3. Concept of Coop Hsg Association introduced to facilitate the formation of association of less than 5 societies for conveyance or Deemed conveyance matters .
4. Penaltyof Rs.25000 on Management committee introduced for not allowing inspections of documents u/s 32.
5.Scope of Sec.32 in inspection of documents widened .
6.Role of Housing federations widened .
7. HUF is specially included as person in the definition which was not included earlier .
8. Defaulter is specifically defined now in the Act itself.
CA Shilpa Shinagare
Member of Hsg Chapter Committee of Ministry of Coop .MH