How to Link Pan Number with Aadhar Card
Both the PAN card as well as the Aadhar card are unique identification cards that serve as proof of identity that are necessary for registration and verification purposes. The Process to link your Aadhar number with PAN numner or Income Tax Return has been announced by Income Tax Department on July 13, 2015.
Income Tax Department(ITR) has given the facility to link Permanent Account Number (PAN) with the unique identification Number or Aadhar number. It helps you to eliminate the process of sending ITR – V to CPC(Centralised Processing Centre) in Bangalore.
Although PAN Card will be linked with Aadhar number only , if your personal details like Name, Gender, Date of Birth matches with Aadhar data as per PAN Data.
Income Tax Department will validate your name, date of birth, gender as per PAN and Aadhar Number with Centralized database of Unique Identification Authority of India(UIDAI). Please note that if the details do not match, the Aadhar number will not be linked to your PAN.
After the completion of Aadhar and PAN number linking process, you can e-verify your return if your mobile number is registered with UIDAI.
Please be noted that once you linked your Pan number with Aadhar card, you cann’t delinked it. As of now Income Tax Department has not given the facility to delinking PAN number with Aadhar. Follow the simple guide to link PAN number or Income Tax Return with Aadhar number(UID):
- Login to income tax e-Filing portal.
- When you logged into the e-filling portal, a pop up window appears on your screen to link your Aadhar Number.
- If the pop up window will not show automatically, you can go to profile settings under the main menu and click on the link that says Aadhar linked to PAN.
- Before entering the Aadhar card , be sure to verify your Name, Gender, Date of Birth should matches with PAN Card details.
- Income tax department will validate all your details and then after cross verifying all the details, enter your Aadhar number, text code.
Note: Don’t have Aadhar Card. Check guide on How to get Aadhar Card.
- At last, Click on Link Now.
- After validation, Aadhar number will be linked to your PAN number.
Note: Aadhar will be linked only if the details match.
How to generate EVC through Income Tax site?
- Go to e-File tab and select “Generate EVC”.
Note: There are two ways to generate EVC(Electronic verification Code). One is via your Netbanking account or second is via your registered email address/phone number. These steps works for second method.
- Enter the EVC received on your registered email address/mobile number.
- Click on e-verify return under the E-file tab.
- There will be four options. Choose first option: “I already have an EVC and I would like to Submit EVC”. Provide the EVC in the text box. Click Submit.
- Download the Acknowledgement document. Your e-filing is complete. No further action is required from your end now.
Note: In future, Aadhar card not only will be useful but also mandatory to avail benefits of various government schemes and services. I recommend you to check numerous other benefits of having Aadhar Card.
Contributed by Anuradha Chawla – AadharCard.in