Updates on Voter RegistrationPosted: October 21, 2012
On demand, putting known/less-known/obvious/non-obvious Rules/Facts of Voters Registration for Elections at one place
1. Forms Types/Usage
|For Name Inclusion (new voters)|
|For Transfer of Registration from one Assembly Constituency to another one.
[Must mention old reg details in Declaration section of Form-6]
|For Correction in Name/Photo/Address in existing entry/card|
|Name registered but Voter card not received|
|Change of address within same Assembly(Vidhansabha) Constituency||Form-8A|
|For Objecting Inclusion or Seeking Deletion, by virtue of demise/relocation|
2. Supporting documents should get attested by Gazetted officer/SDM/Corporator.
3. Photo ID proof : Passport/PANcard/License/Ration card
4. Residence Proof : Bank/Kisan/PostOffice Pass book Or Ration Card/Passport/IT-Tax Assessment Order Or Latest Water/Telephone/Electricity/Gas Connection Bill for the address either in the name of the applicant or that of his immediate relation (parents/children/spouse) Or Postal Department’s posts received in the applicant’s name at given address
5. Date of Birth Proof : Passport/PANCard/License/Birth Certificate/5th or 8th or 10th Marksheet if it has DOB
6. Whosoever becoming 18 by 1/1/2013 is also eligible for registration
7. Society chairman/secretary is allowed to submit forms in bulk to BLA/BLO/ERO, with a list of details like name, age, flat no, gender, mobile/phone no.
8. BLAs are supposed to be available at Polling Booths to distribute and collect forms between 10 am to 5 pm on all days (including Weekends). BLOs visit Booths on Weekends. If no one found at the booth, complain.
9. Link for Online Registration : http://eci-citizenservices.nic.in/ which has Officer Contact List, Online Application and New User Registration