STOPPED BY A TRAFFIC COP? KNOW THESE 8 RIGHTSPosted: August 9, 2016
So you know how to drive a car or ride a bike. But do you know your rights when and if you’re stopped by a traffic policeman?
There are different misconceptions about traffic rules and the common man is generally not aware of a lot of things and this is why they don’t understand what to do when stopped by traffic cops.
We got your back. This article deals with various rights of commuters that will definitely help you in future.
1. Cops cannot take away your driving license without giving you a valid receipt of the same.
2. Cops cannot tow your vehicle as long as you are sitting in it.
3. If you are a female or accompanied by a female and you are being stopped after 6pm you can always ask him to come with a female cop.
4. The cop should have a challan book or the e-challan machine in hand in order to penalize you with a fine.
5. If you have actually broken the law, and after making sure that the person is indeed a policeman, show your D/L, RC/Insurance to the policeman.
6. One must know that the Cop must be a uniformed Cop with their name and buckle number clearly shown on their uniform.
7. There is always a misconception that the traffic cop has the right to confiscate your vehicle keys but that’s not true.
8. If you have violated some law and if you are arrested, you must be informed of your rights immediately when you are arrested.
Click Here for the full details